Saturday, February 13, 2010

RedneckBlueCollar

Yep! I finally made the bogosphere.
An introduction about myself. I was raised in Georgia. Uncle Sam Plucked me out of there and sent me on a twenty year journey that ended up in Washington State. I have been to Europe three times in the process and seen war torn countries.
I have seen the good in humanity and the not so good. I have met thousands of people from all walks of life in the military and wouldn't trade the experience for the world.
Being generous with my hands when helping others. Why? Because I long considered it to be a gift from above. The same goes with knowledge I have gained throughout the years. Freely shared to those who listen. Mentoring to those who want to be mentored.
My father taught me how to weld. He taught me through experience of hard work. That hard work is nothing to be ashamed of. That your reputation is built with your actions. Nothing more and nothing less. In this mad world of ours the actions of a man is still gauged through his actions.
Redneck in the term is not meant in a derogative sense so don't take it that way. It is a form of identity and attached to Bluecollar. Blue collar I am.
In this day and age where degrees rule, (nothing wrong with that) The blue collar is still king. If you don't believe me then take a look around you. You can stuff an employee in a cubbyhole and give them all the tasks in the world but its the blue collars who make it happen.
There is my introduction.