Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Mentoring others




Being mentored is a gift that lasts years after the mentoring has taken place. My personal experience tells me that many can mentor but few do. Why? I can't tell you. For those who mentored me thank you. When someone mentors you there is a silent language that takes place. The guy who takes time to talk to you. He is telling you in his own way that he believes in you. Take it to heart because I did. I knew I was hard headed in my youth and maybe I didn't listen then but let me tell you. Sometimes your memory can replay it back for you. When it does that mentor ship 101 mini course is still working on you.
Mentorship is powerful and if you want to change the world through one person at a time its a good way to do it.
I can't recall each and every time I have been mentored. I remember I was mentored by those who seemed to have already been there. Who went the rough course.
If you are a parent doing the mentoring remember this one thing. Your kids really appreciate it even if it doesn't show.
I wouldn't be in the position if it weren't for good people. One of those mentors happens to be my brother Steve.